Jun 8, 2010

Plant a tree

How about planting some trees ?
Check out this project and discover how writing a blog can help the environment !
From their site :


How much carbon dioxide does your blog create?
According to a study by Alexander Wissner-Gross, PhD, physicist at Harvard University and environmental activist, an average website causes about 0.02g (0,0008oz.) of carbon dioxide for each visit. Assuming an average blog gets 15,000 visits a month, it has yearly carbon dioxide emissions of 3,6kg (8lb.). This can mainly be tracked back to the immense energy usage from (mainframe) computers, servers, and their cooling systems.

Now my blog doesn't get 15000 visitors a month but that won't stop me from helping out :)
I'll just have to get more visitors :)





3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda, hey you just got one new visitor, and I am guilty, my blog gets around 15 000 visitors per month, and if it is up to me, I'd love to double that...haha...

    Thank you very much for following me on blogfrog, great to have you.

    Hope to see you visit my site often!
    Have a super day.

    Colin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Linda! Thanks for following my blog :) Thanks to your wonderful blog,you now found yourself another regular visitor ;)

    Keep dropping by my blog!

    Cheers,
    Pavithra

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi linda! coming to you via blog frog :) i looked for a follow button but didn't see it - i love your blog, it has a freshness to it like a gentle breeze carrying the scent of fresh linens hanging to dry on a warm summer day. would love to have you follow me at mangia-bella.blogspot.com

    i'm a new blogger, so i only have 6 posts so far, but heartfelt posts indeed.

    have a glorious day sweet bella

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails